玉英的部落格. It looked so pretty that I had to try it myself. Thankfully the recipe called for 250g of cream cheese, which is just what i had left... so no calculating or dividing needed. Anyways, 做來做去, another afternoon of studying was wasted and i dreadfully suffered the consequences when i began studying 2 nights before the freakin Final. Gahhh, I have a love/hate relationship with cramming + pulling all-nighters. Even though chugging down a big cup of coffee at 3 AM sounds pretty bad, but to be honest, I rather use that one night and push myself to the point where I can just drop dead after the exam than to die a slow, painful death by studying everyday. Call me a masochist, but i really ONLY work well under pressure-- Stress is my driving force.... haa..aaa..a...a..... But thankfully i had many cups of mousses to help me through those nights so... if you think about it, my 混 was actually time well spent *chuckles*.
Orange Cream Cheese Mousse
- A layer of almond cake cut into 8 small circles
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 of a vanilla pod (i used 1 teaspoon vanilla extract).
- 2.5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin (dissolved in a little bit of water)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 package of orange jello OR:
- 200 mL orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2.5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until soft, add in the seeds in the vanilla pod + lemon juice.
- Mix in the dissolved gelatin and beat until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Separately, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form and fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the cake layers in molds/cups and pour the mousse on top. Refrigerate until set.
- Prepare the orange jello according to package directions.
- OR combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, gelatin together and heat until dissolved.
- When the jello has cooled down, pour over the mousse and refrigerate.
- Decorate with orange slices + whipped cream before serving.