Light (Strawberry) Cheesecake
from skybake.com in chinese
(if you search their videos, you can see the video demonstration. Somehow the link doesnt appear on the site so i couldn't copy and paste)
- 200g cream cheese
- 110 mL milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 70mL butter
- 3.5 tablespoons flour
- 1.5 tablespoons corn starch
- 5 egg whites
- 130 mL sugar
- Add the cream cheese + milk together and heat it up in a double boiler, stirring constantly [picture 1].
- When the cream cheese has dissolved, add the butter and stir until smooth. Then add in the egg yolks and mix [picture 2, 3].
- Sift the flour and corn starch together and add into cream cheese mixture until thoroughly blended. Remove from heat [picture 2, 3].
- Beat egg whites with a electric mixer/whisk until it starts to bubble. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until it forms peaks [picture 4, 5].
- Pour the egg whites into the cream cheese mixture and fold until thoroughly blended [picture 6].
- Pour the cheesecake batter into a prepared mold [picture 7].
- Place your mold in a shallow pan of water, and bake until edges have pulled away [picture 8]. (45-60minutes for cake molds. 20-30 minutes for muffin pans.)
- Let the cake cool down and decorate with fresh strawberries and strawberry jam.