I REALLY don't like being told what to do... so instead of making what he wants (the original Tiramisu), i tweaked it up a little and made a BERRY-mi-su. Tee-hee. What is it? Berry-misu is just a way to jazz up the normal, traditional dessert you can find almost everywhere (ahem, JLo). This Berry-misu tasted good the way it was… but even better when it's half frozen!
Oh yea, it took me a while to blog about the berry-mi-su... but it took 3 different desserts to FINALLY use up my 1kg of strawberries :)
from Rachael Ray's Berry-Mi-Su: Berry-Me-Up and ytower.com.tw
- 2.5 teaspoons un-flavored gelatin
- 90mL sugar
- 75mL water
- 250g marscapone cheese
- 150mL whipping cream
- Lady fingers
- 1/2 cup coffee
- Fresh strawberries
- Heat water, sugar, gelatin until dissolved.
- Whip cream until 60% whipped.
- Thaw marscapone cheese until room temperature.
- Add the marscapone into the gelatin mixture and mix until well blended.
(you may want to use a electric mixer)
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee.
- Layer the Berry-Mi-Su with cream, dipped lady fingers, sliced strawberries. Repeat until ingredients are used up.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or more until set.
- Decorate the top with fresh strawberries, strawberry jam, chocolate syrup, or anything you like.