Friday, May 09, 2008

Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes

I have one thing to be thankful for in POZ-- cheap potatoes. As i might've mentioned in my previous posts, I'm a potato freak... and if i could be less weight-conscious, potatoes will definitely be my staple food (yes, i will give up rice... just.like.that). Whether its mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, french fries, potato chips, potato skins, potato salads... you name it, I'll love it. When i was small, every time my mom made curry, i would save the potatoes for last, put them in my mouth, mash it up, spit it out, repeat until i have enough to mix, and make mashed potatoes. hahahaha, that's a story my mom would never let me forget. Now at the age of 21, i still do that......but with a spoon, of course. I don't know why i like potatoes so much... maybe it's because it's so soft i almost don't need to use my teeth, or maybe because it goes so well with cheese (another love of my life). UGHH, why can't my favorites food be veggie sticks and greens?! Sigh... but i might as well use my fairly-good, 21-year-old metabolism to its fullest... it'll be a different story past 25. So those who love potatoes, you won't wanna miss these baked potatoes!

Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes
original recipe from allrecipes.com with changes
INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 large baking potatoes (i used 5 small ones)
  • 8 slices bacon or small handful of bacon bits
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup milk (or as needed)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
  • 3 tablespoons green onions, sliced, divided

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Wash and steam potatoes in 大同 rice cooker with 1.5 cups of water.
  3. Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
  4. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a skillet until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
  5. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
  6. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
  7. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese and half the green onions. Mix until well blended and creamy.
  8. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
  9. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
  10. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.


Ultimate Twice Baked Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment