So recently, i started browsing the site again and decided to try to make their 2nd highest-rated chicken recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu. That recipe was given 5/5 stars with 1,127 reviews... If you don't believe what i say, seeing that 1,127 people had nice things to say about it should be able to convince you. The chicken cordon bleu turned out nice and appetizing... but I'm not a big fan of it just because i don't really like chicken breasts. It's still worth the effort though :)
Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 - 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick.
- Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides.
- Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter.
- Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet.
(it's okay if there's still some wine/juices left in there)
- Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
- I used 3 chicken breasts and thinly sliced them into 6.
- I used Olive oil instead of butter.
- I used 12% cream instead of heavy whipping cream.
- I also added different spices (parsley, oregano, basil) to the cream.