Sunday, May 04, 2008

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

If you ask me what my favorite cuisines are, i would have to say 1) Korean 2)Mexican (of course excluding Taiwanese/Chinese food which are unconquerable). I almost never make anything Korean cuz it just feels like all their dishes are harder to make and ingredients are harder to find...especially in Poland. But when it comes to Mexican food, its a whole different story; no matter how hard you try to screw it up, it always turns out great. As long as you have the right ingredients, things rarely go wrong.

The Mexican dish that I most often make would probably be the Mexican Chicken Casserole that I've learned from my Home Economics/Food Management class in High school. That recipe is definitely a keeper. My parents, who never has one nice thing to say about western food, would actually ask me when i have time to make it for them... If my parents have nice things to say about that casserole, then believe me, you would too. But enough about that, I'll leave it for another post. I just thought I'd mention it cuz these enchiladas are quite similar to the Mexican chicken casserole. Only difference would probably be the sour cream and the enchilada part. The only downside is that it's quite time-consuming. Especially if you decide to make your own salsa and tortillas... which is what i did. Hahaha, 自找麻煩.

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
derived from allrecipes.com & some other site that i forgot

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked
  • 1/2 an onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of salsa
  • 1 cup of cheese
  • 3/4 cup of sour cream
  • 2 teaspoon cumin
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 8 flour tortillas
    SOUR CREAM MIXTURE
  • 3/4 cup of salsa
  • 1/2 cup of yogurt
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions
  • 1/2 cup of cheese

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine chicken, onion, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and cumin.
  2. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Spoon chicken mixture on all 8 tortillas.
  4. Wrap tortillas and place them in a large baking pan.
  5. Combine salsa, yogurt, sour cream, and spring onions in another bowl. Season.
  6. Pour sauce over tortillas and top with cheese.
  7. Bake for 30 minutes.
Things You'll Need:

Tortillas, Salsa, Sour Cream
(don't know if that is sour cream in polish, but sure tastes like it!)


Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas

1 comment: