Chili Casserole with Cornbread
derived from bettycrocker.com
- Chili con carne (see recipe here)
- Cornbread batter (see recipe here, cut the recipe in half)
- 1 cup of cheese, shredded (i used mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Spoon hot beef mixture onto the center of your casserole dish (drain excess soup) [picture 1].
- Spoon cornbread batter around the outside edge of your ungreased casserole dish [picture 2].
- Bake 18 minutes at 400°F.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for another 4 - 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and cornbread is golden brown [picture 3].
- Sprinkle with green onions just before serving.