<3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, IRENE :D
- 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce / 85 gram) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar (i used 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk in a large bowl. Mix in the sugar, margarine, salt, and eggs [picture 1].
- Add flour and mix well [picture 2].
- Knead the dough into a large ball, using your hands dusted lightly with flour [picture 3].
- Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place about 1 hour, or until doubled in size [picture 4].
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture [picture 5].
- Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan [picture 6, 7].
- Cover the baking pan and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes [picture 8].
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes [picture 10].
- While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt [picture 9]. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.