Kimchi Chigae (Kimchi Stew)
- 500g pork, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups of chopped kimchi, chopped (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper paste
- 1 cup of shiitake mushrooms, soaked (optional)
- 1 stalk green onions, sliced
- 1 package soft tofu
- sesame oil
- In a pot or skillet, saute the pork and onions for 3 minutes.
- Add in the chopped kimchi and its juice.
- Then add in hot pepper paste, hot pepper flakes, mushrooms (optional), sugar, and green onions.
- Pour enough water to cover all ingredients.
- Close the lid and let it boil for 10 minutes. Turn down the medium heat and let it simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the tofu and boil for another 5 minutes more.
- Add some sesame oil and chopped spring onions right before serving.