I was supposed to START studying for my Physiology NBME today... but i woke up too late (1:00pm), 混 too much with Mr.Lo, made 蔥油餅, ate my strawberry pie, and... slept from 8 to 11pm. AHHHHHHHH. aiiiiii... im so lazy.
This is the 2nd time i made it. The first time was when i had extra dough left from our Curry Dumplings.. we just added some spring onions on and tah-dahh! out came a 蔥油餅. This time i went to Taiwan Yahoo knowledge and just mixed everything around. pretty easy, i didnt even use a measuring cup. I also found a 蔥油餅 recipe on wikipedia. Hahahaha. Almost everything i learn, it really comes from wikipedia.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup water (hot water for chewy pancakes, cold water for crispy pancakes)
- Green Onions/Spring onions/Scallions, chopped
- Peanut oil, Corn oil, or Lard
- Mix two parts flour (2 cups) with one part water (1 cup).
- Knead until dough is smooth.Let it rest for 10 minutes
- Seperate dough into individual balls. Take one piece and flatten it out into a round pancake.
- Smear the preferred form of grease onto the flattened dough. This could be corn oil, peanut oil, or lard. (Olive oil and butter are not typically used).
- Sprinkle chopped scallions and salt onto the flattened dough.
- Roll up the flattened dough into the shape of a snake.
- Reshape the "snake" into a coil. The dough should now resemble an unbaked cinnamon roll.
- Flatten up the coil into a pancake wil a rolling pin.
- Pan-fry the pancake with oil. Both sides of the pancake should be golden brown.
- Place the fried pancake on a plate covered with a paper towel to cool the pancake and to drain the grease.
REMEMBER to 打個蛋!!我們打了3個.... :D
3 個蛋 => cholesterol => Low density Lipoproteins LDL => to the blood => build up in artery walls => atherosclerosis => thrombosis => hypertension => myocardial infarction.
*clap clap clap* not bad, not bad.
I did not 混 as much as i thought i did. heeeeeeeeeeee. XD