Spinach and Cream Cheese TartINGREDIENTS:
- Puff pastry sheets
- 1/2 cup thawed and drained frozen spinach (whole leaf)
- 3/4 cups cream cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, cooked (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 - 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- Squeeze out the excess water from the thawed spinach (or cooked if using fresh spinach) [picture 1].
- In a big bowl, mix spinach, cream cheese, bacon, and mozzarella cheese until smooth. Season with salt and pepper [picture 2, 3].
- Roll out the puff pastry into any shape you'd like. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top, leaving a 2 centimeter border all around. Top with sliced tomatoes [picture 4].
- Brush the border with the egg yolk and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celcius for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
Spinach and Cream Cheese Tart