Here's a recipe for one of the snacks that I made a few weeks ago: Muffins with Feta cheese, ham, and spring onions. I made the mistake of baking them in muffin cups (didn't want to get my pan too dirty) cuz they were impossible to peel off! And the paper liners probably interfered with the baking process as they were still a little moist on the inside (or that could just be the extra liquid from the cheese and spring onions). JLo and I still enjoyed them though, we ate 10 muffins in one sitting and called it a meal... leaving 2 for me to take to class the next day. So BOO for overly moist muffins, but YAY for budget success!
Feta, Ham, and Spring Onion Muffins
derived from tasteofhome.com
makes 12 muffins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup spring onions, choppped
- 1/2 cup sliced ham, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt [picture 1].
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter [picture 2]; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened [picture 3].
- Fold in the feta cheese, ham, and chives [picture 4, 5].
- Fill each greased muffin pan with batter, two-thirds full [picture 6].
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.