Okay, so it all started with <--this little thing that i dug out from my cupboard. My 姑姑 gave it to me last year when i went to Amsterdam for her wedding. She also gave me 2 other ones for triangular 飯團s that are still waiting to be found somewhere in my shelves. You've probably seen people selling these things on infomercials... all you have to do is fill it up with rice and press it down to form these cute little rice balls or sushis. Anyways, i WAS gonna make normal sushis out of these but after preparing all my ingredients, i found out i didn't have any seaweed sheets cuz my brother was sleeping and i couldn't get it from him. So i went online, found a substitute, and out came these cute little sushi munchkins:
Tuna Salad Cucumber Sushi
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1/2 an onion
- 3 crab sticks (optional)
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
(can be omitted if you don't like spicy food)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tablespoon sushi vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- Cool down the rice for about 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the onion, tuna, and crab sticks.
- Put them in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, sriracha.
- Slice the cucumber with a peeler carefully (about 0.2 cm).
- Boil the dashi and pour half (or as needed) into rice and mix well.
- Form the rice into 12 balls.
- Wrap rice with cucumber and top with tuna mixture.