Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C (325 F).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs on at a time, then stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.