Last night the girls planned a surprise for Grace's 23rd Birthday...(which actually is today!). And since i had another free day, i decided to make these Cheesecake brownies that i have been eyeing on for quite some time. The ones i made somewhat failed though... It was supposed to have a marble swirl at the top but I added too much cheesecake mixture so it was hard to make any swirls. Apart from that mistake, i also added too much baking powder to my brownies... making it more like a fluffy cake than the usual compact dessert. But whatevers, 吃到肚子都是一家人~~ These brownies are verrry easy to make, and the ingredients are also very accessible. It only took me about 15 minutes to prepare and mix everything together. I'll definitely try again... and hopefully I'll have more successful pictures to post up! But anyways, happy birthday to GRACE and hope she enjoyed them :D !
Brownies from me, cheesecake part from allrecipes.com
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (i used less)
- 1 cup sugar (i used less)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 egg (or egg white)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well [picture 1].
- Separately, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt together [picture 2].
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture [picture 3]. Stir well.
- Spread the brownie batter evenly into a prepared pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar until smooth [picture 4].
- Dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter [picture 5]. Swirl together using a knife or skewer to produce a marble effect [picture 6].
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 30 minutes until knife comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan, then cut into bars and serve.